WOLF OF VOL STREET
Each semester UTIG hosts an electronic trading competition so that UT students can gain hands-on experience managing securities:
- Each student is given a $100,000 mock portfolio to manage over approximately 8+ weeks.
- 10 trades are required (each buy or sell leg counts as one trade, and "round trip" orders as two).
- Trading on margin, short selling, and options are all permitted, and ENCOURAGED to be utilized.
- Only certain membership packages entitle you to join the competition and to win prizes---select carefully.
- Cash Prizes are given to the top 3 winners each semester: $150 for 1st, $100 for 2nd, and $50 for 3rd and $50 for the top female trader.
- To claim prizes, students must attend the awards ceremony at the last meeting and explain the success/failure of his/her trading strategy, as well as lessons learned.
YOUR STEPS TO TRADING
- Pay membership dues online [go to PAY]
- Join Wolf of Vol Street trading competition [see instructions above]
- Join here [see instructions above for password]: https://app.wallstreetsurvivor.com/members/register?admin=1443133&session=273805
- Bookmark & begin trading: https://www.wallstreetsurvivor.com/
- Trading begins at 9:30 AM on FRI FEB 10
- Trading ends at 4:00 PM on FRI APR 21
- Awards Ceremony is at 5:30 PM on THUR APR 27 in the MILC (HBB 237)
Bookmark the Wall Street Survivor website to make trading easy. Your account is included in all membership levels.
This is a proprietary manual created just for UT students participating in the trading competition. It shows the basics of helpful things, like how to make a trade.